Need a meal you can pull together in 30 minutes? Just get Rosie & Jim Chicken Fillets, some Peri-peri sauce, pick up your favourite coleslaw and grab some Pitta Breads. That's all you'll need!
- Rosie & Jim Breaded Chicken Fillets
- Peri-peri Sauce - we love our local Athula Fusion Foods Peri-peri sauce
- Pitta Bread - gluten free, plain or wholemeal - whatever you prefer
Or make your own easy Peri-peri sauce!
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Bell Pepper
- ½ Onion chopped finely
- 3 Chillies chopped finely – African Bird’s Eye Chillies if you can get them – we used mixed chillies
- 3 Garlic Cloves chopped finely
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 2 Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 Tablespoons of water
Breaded Chicken Fillet:
Oven bake for best results. Preheat oven to 190ºC/375ºF/gas 5 (fan assisted ovens reduce temperature to 170ºC). Bake product for 25-30 minutes. Cooking from frozen, allow an additional 10 minutes on to cooking time.
Heat the oil in a pan.
Add the bell pepper, onion, chillies, garlic, paprika and cook for about 10 minutes/until soft.
Let it cool a little and then transfer the mix to a blender.
Add the vinegar, lemon juice and water and blend until smooth.
Check for seasoning. Add salt and pepper if needed.
You can keep this in the fridge for a few days before using. Though make sure to remember to take it out to let it get back to room temperature before you use it.
Warm or toast the Pitta bread. Slice it open on one side.
Stuff the Pitta with Coleslaw.
Chop up the Chicken Fillet and add to the Pitta.
Dollop your Peri-peri sauce on top!
About This Product...
Breaded Chicken Fillet
Succulent chicken breast coated in light and crispy gluten free breadcrumbs.About our Breaded Chicken Fillet